Thursday, May 15, 2008

DOWN 12 POUNDS

Hey all,

I feel so great today. I just got off the scale and i have lost 12 pounds so far. As mentioned in an earlier post, i was struggling to lose 25 pounds. I exercised religiously and tried to eat right but to no avail. Anyway after watching the first woman win the biggest loser(TV show) i decided i could do it too.

I decided to make some changes in my diet and life style in general. With inspiration from the show, i started to eat only low fat, low carb and low sugar foods. I drastically reduced my rice consumption and adhered to eating whole grain bread, chicken, fish and lots of veggies. I also stopped buying soda including diet ones. I discovered the hidden sweetness of water which is about the only drink i take now.

Just two weeks into this change, i lost 10 pounds. I was blown away and my hubby was like a teenager in love for the first time. It felt so good. My goal weight is 145 pounds and i am so close now.

These are some of the meals i eat now.

Breakfast : 2 slices of dry toast(whole grain) with 1 cup of orange juice

Snack : Few pieces of crackers or fruits

Lunch : Chicken and salad (sometimes with 2-3 tbs of rice)

Snack : Fruit or veggies

Dinner: Fish with veggies like squash, carrots, green beans etc.

It is hard but the result is worth it. A rule of thumb for me is if i don't want to eat it, i don't buy it. I stopped buying soda, chocolate and all the high calories junk in my house so i don't get tempted.

I hope this will inspire anyone battling with weight loss.

Cheers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations, keep it up. are u working out too?

Zaby said...

Nice one really proud ..keep it up