Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A NEW EARTH



Hi all,

Hope you all have been well. I have been nursing my boy back to good health and i am so happy he is OK now.

I am sure all you Oprah fans have heard about her current book club selection - A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. I finally got a copy 2 weeks ago and believe me when i say it's been life changing. I am barely in the 3rd chapter(coz i am taking my time to get the message) and already i am captivated by the essence of this book.

Just a few chapters into this book has completely transformed the way i perceive myself and my purpose on this earth. This book exposes the intricate nature of the ego and its control over our being. I now acknowledge that most of us inadvertently live an ostentatious life. We are so consumed about how the world perceives us. We obsess so much about our weight, skin, hair, houses,cars,careers, e.t.c. that we forget the true purpose of our lives. We pay too much attention to our flesh.

I have never considered myself as ostentatious but reading this book has made me realise that i am. I have pondered on some major and even trivial decisions i have made and realised that most of them were made to impress other people. Some of these decisions were also made based on how the world would perceive me. This was a pivotal realisation for me coz i now know that i have basically done nothing for me. I have really not fulfilled my own desires or purpose but those of others.

I have not finished reading A new Earth but what i know for sure is henceforth, i would think of my well being - spiritually,emotionally and mentally in what ever decision i make. I matter and my ego aside, i will do what is right for me.

I recommend this book for all. Right now, my priorities are in order. I know what is important and i have made up my mind never to lie to myself, worry about things i can't change, and accept and manage the vicissitude of life.

Cheers

No comments: