Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I AM A "WORRIER" MUM

Hi all,

I have been so busy with life that i have not blogged in a while. I had a break this weekend though. My family and i went out of town for the weekend. Our friends invited us over for a program in their Church (African praise) and it was awesome. It brought back happy thoughts about Naija. I really miss home. The main artist featured at the event was Wale Adenuga. He is a gospel singer and he is incredible. We danced so hard are feet ached. I really needed that break.

On Sunday we went to our host's church. After the service there was a birthday party for a little girl. We all had to be in a hall that was crowed with toddlers running around. I am what you could call a "worrier" when it comes to the safety of my kids. I believe when it comes to kids, one can't be too careful. I was fretting all through the party making sure my kids don't collide with other kids or fall and smash their heads on the concrete floor. I guess my behaviour seemed somewhat obnoxious to my friend coz she told me to relax that i worry too much after all she too had a son running around.

Anyway, i tried to ignore but when i remembered the nine months of pregnancy and the arduousness of labour i immediately switch back to worry mode. I had to explain to my friend that i watch lots of crime shows so i know how fast a child can go missing. It takes less than 2 minutes actually. The world is full of perverse people that would do heinous things to little children so i would rather be an over protective mum than be sorry.

I pray that as parents we don't experience the pain of losing a child due avoidable mistakes. I am not a perfect mum but what i know for sure is as a parent, i can't be too careful. May God help us.

Cheers

1 comment:

tankojjetty said...

you're doing an extremely good job,
i didnt understand why my mum used to worry too much...used to joke that we'd kill her..lol
but i feel she really cares for us like you do your children...
you dont know what joy i fell in my heart just knowing someone's worrying abt me...positively...
great blog..