Wednesday, March 12, 2008

TRENDY AND ELEGANT LOOKS

Hi all,

It's almost summer and i know most women are all about the trends for the season. When it comes to dressing up, a rule of thumb for me is to wear what best flatters my features and not what is necessarily in style. As a mother of three and i am sure most mothers have this issue i find that no matter what i have tried i still have that bulge in my tommy. I am just a regular mum and not a celebrity so i don't have a personal trainer or the motivation to go under the knife so i have learnt to manage the excess skin around my tommy by wearing clothes that camouflage that area but yet trendy.

Most women do not want to give up those skimpy , tommy baring, figure hugging clothes coz they feel that is what makes them sexy and more desirable to their partners. Truth is women look trashy when they force themselves into undersized clothes or trendy styles that just don't fit their body types.

It's important for us to know our body types, accept our flaws and work with it. I am not a fashion expert but i have showcased some new trends that would look good on any body type and help understate those problem areas(especially the bulging tummy).


This dotted meshed crossover top is very cute and trendy. It can be worn by almost every body type and will definitely hide that big tummy. This top is by Suzy Shier(Canadian) and comes in three colors.


Who says bold prints don't flatter bigger women. Well i don't. This dress is simple and nice. The band just beneath the burst helps camouflage those problem areas. Also by Suzy Shier



This caftan top is simply cool. It can go on Jeans, Capris pants and even shorts. It also comes in white and you can get it at Old Navy.com



Talk about bringing sexy back, this tube dress does it for mum's who feel they have lost it. It's simple yet sexy and it won't exaggerate those flaws we worry about. It comes in various bright colors also at Old Navy.com


This is my favourite dress of the bunch. It looks just like a maternity dress but it isn't. For me my main problem area is my tommy so this works perfectly for me. You can spice this dress up with any colour of accessory. It's gorgeous. Also at Old Navy.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I just read about you at Bella's.
You sure are doing a great job.Well done.
I am a 33 year old mother of two-9 and almost 5 and I am a full time professional and ai wish I could spend more time with my kids cos they grow soooooo quickly.Keep up the good work.