Wednesday, March 5, 2008

THE POWER OF WORDS

Hi all,

I have not blogged in a while coz i have been so tied up with my kids. My hubby has been away for like a week now so its been really hectic for me. I have been so enervated and lonely. Yes i have my kids and i love them to death but what conversation can i have with toddlers? I really miss my hubby. It is even harder for me coz i don't have my family around me. I got out a couple of times but it's not easy going out with three kids in winter.

My hubby has been the one taking the flak for my exasperation. Each time he calls i am so cold and brusque. I find every excuse to pick a fight but he has actually done well putting up with all of it.

I really don't mean to be mean but he calls at the wrong time which by the way is all the time. I guess he is the only one i can take it out on coz i know he understands first hand how hard it is to take care of three young kids alone. Anyway, my day started as usual, with screaming kids and a crying baby. I was ready for another long day but all that changed when i checked my email. My hubby had sent me the most romantic note ever. It was short but it was all i needed to carry on. I have sucked it all up coz i know i have a man who loves me and appreciates all i do.

I am so blithe and i feel like a teenager in love for the first time. That is the power of words. I needed to hear those words in his note and it really came at the right time. When someone in your life is down or overwhelmed with life's troubles, do not fail to lend a few nice words. Trust me it helps.

Cheers

2 comments:

the young nigerian virgin said...

i agree lovely lady but you didn't share those words with us. i am curious to know what he wrote.

i pray to find a man like your husband someday and i believe God will answer my prayers.

cheers xx

mum said...

the lord will grant u ur heart desires. my hubby just told me he loves and appreciates all i do for him and the kids. he also told me he'll love and protect me forever