Wednesday, February 27, 2008

FOR BETTER OR FOR.....?

HI all,

A friend told me this story. A lady who had been married for about 11 years left her hubby cuz he isn't good in bed. We were about 3 ladies there when this gist was said. We all had different opinions. I felt it was obnoxious for the woman to leave after 11 years of marriage cuz the man isn't good in bed. I mean, she had put up with this for 11 years why the sudden change of heart? My friend was all for the woman's action. She insisted that there could have been more going on in the marriage. Probably the man wasn't treating her well and the sex wasn't good so she felt the marriage wasn't worth it.

I started to look at it in a different light, if the man wasn't good to her and had the sex problem then she could have a reason to leave but the truth is the reason she cited for leaving was the sex thingy! It made me wonder; isn't marriage for better for worse? How bad could this man be in bed for? Anyway people are different but for me her reason is superficial. My friend accused me of judging that it is easy for me to defend marriage cuz my hubby is probably a stud but i made her realise that i have learnt in marriage that you can't have it all. You can however make the best use of what you have.

I have not come across any woman who can beat her chest and say 'my hubby has it all'. We just have to celebrate the good in them and try to overlook and tolerate what we think is bad. We are not perfect ourselves that is why marriage is all about compromise. If all couples were to enumerate all the bad in their spouses and dwell on it, there would be no happily ever after.

If i have a minute with that lady, i would tell her to re-examine her man and see if the good out weighs the bad. If it does, then the marriage is worth fighting for. If she is so good in bed then she should teach him. That will be a good start.

Anyway let me know what you think.

Cheers.

No comments: