Wednesday, February 6, 2008

THE LOVE BUG

Hi all,

How many mothers with new babies or even toddlers have had real intimacy with thier partners since they became one. Yes i know you might have had sex but i am talking about the real deal as in two souls becoming one, the fore play, and all that good stuff. My hand is not up and i am sure most of yours are not.

Well that is one of the huge sacfrices couples with young kids make. No time for romance or fore play. We just get what we can and be thankful for it. Infact my hubby and i have to plan for it. We actually make dates. The spontaneity is gone. It's so funny that we find ourselves having trysts in our own home. Most times after we put the kids to bed, we just rush up to the room and get what we can. We are in so much hurry and barely have time for foreplay because one of the kids might wake up and ruin it for us.

I have wondered so many times if this is what the rest of our lives will be. I really pray it gets better because i want to enjoy that intimacy again. Not that we don't have it now but its not the same. Everything is planned and rushed.

Anyway, i have vowed this valentines day will be hot for me. I will not settle for anything rushed. I will make plans for a real sitter and enjoy a whole evening with my hubby. I will not wait for my kids to go to college before i enjoy meaningful intimacy with my hubby. The love bug is in the air and this is one bug i will catch!

I will keep u posted but don't hope for all the juicy details o!

Cheers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

waiting to hear the rest story.Enjoy yourself and keep us posted.