Sunday, February 3, 2008

WHAT DO MOTHERS WANT?

Hi all,

The past few days have been so hectic for me. I had to take a course at the college so i was away from my kids all day for 2 days. Guess who baby sat? Daddy! Ha! I was so glad he had the chance to walk in my shoes for 2 days. At first i was so excited to be away from all the ruckus in my home. I just couldn't wait to actually dress up, make up and get out the door to interact with adults again. I was like a kid on Christmas day.

Anyway on the first day of the course, i couldn't wait to leave the house but as soon as i was in class i felt an overwhelming loneliness overcome me. I was so despondent. Immediately we got our first break i ran to the phone and called home. I missed the kids so much. I was more worried about my 5 months old baby Misan. My hubby reassured me they were all good and that the baby had just had his pureed sweet potato. I felt better.

At lunch time i raced home to nurse my baby. When i got home he was asleep but i woke him. I just had to see that smile, smell him and feed him. My hubby told me he didn't finish his food so i went to the fridge to see how much he had coz i just started feeding him solids. I reached out for the can and saw it was still full and i went " sorry honey was this the food you gave him?" and he goes " no i gave him the white one" right there and then my heart sank. I was suddenly overcome by the loneliness i felt all day. I took a deep breath as i realised he had fed Misan my toddlers' pureed cauliflower. I charged at him, and screamed at him for not paying attention to my instructions. He gave me a "what is all the hullaballoo about look" and asked "is he dead?" I gave that a thought and realised i had perharps overreacted. After all he was new to the stay at home dad thingy.

It could have been worse and he realised that anyway. The rest of the course was even more miserable and i just couldn't wait to be home with my babies. I thought of thier smiles, thier cries and believe it or not i missed some of the ruckus. Overall my hubby did a good job but he was so glad when it was over. Anyway i guess i had a glimse of what it would feel like when they go off to college. I'll miss them.

1 comment:

mum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.