Monday, February 11, 2008

ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!

Hi all

How have you all been and what plans have you made for Valentines day? As for me, i haven't found a sitter but i'm still searching for one desperately. I really need at least two hours to be alone with my hubby after 3 years of pro-creating.

I remember vividly how i complained about my hubby constantly being around me when were courting. He made sure he saw me everyday come rain or shine. In fact he was so consistent in this daily ritual that i became so bored and jaded. I needed my space like crazy. I tried to let him know nonverbally how i felt but he either chose to ignore me or just didn't get it. My friends envied me and my mum was glad that i had a man who cherished me so much. I just wanted a day alone to at least miss him.

In retrospect, i should have relished every second of attention he gave me. I should have embraced the attention instead of pushing it away. What i would give to have that luxury again. Now i am the one giving all the attention; to my three kids and my bigger baby(hubby). Yes o! My hubby is my no 1 baby. In marriage men are just like babies. They want to be nutured and showered with attention. They pout, sulk and brood over little things. They need thier wives for everything.

Anyway, that is our biggest contention now. I feel so overwhelmed sometimes with giving and giving. I also want to be pampered and cuddled like a baby. My hubby's response to this is that there is no time for me to even get the attention i need from him coz i am always busy with the kids. He is so right about that coz there is no time for "us" anymore. In fairness to him, he tries but it just doesn't fit in most times. I know that most times he feels neglected too because right now its all about the kids but this is our reality. We try to make time for "us" but most times we are so beat by the end of the day that we just want to sleep.

I really think it's important to have some quality time each day as a couple to hold and to talk. I really crave that time and i know my hubby does too. We seldom get enough "us" time but when we do, we make the best of it. Isn't it ironic that once upon a time i wanted less attention and now i can't get enough? Well i guess there is time for everything. A time to be young and naive and a time to be wise, to make the best use of the time you have with your loved ones.

Cheers

No comments: