Friday, February 15, 2008

SEXY RED TOP, NO SEX, MY BEST VALENTINE EVER!

Hi all,

Happy Valentines day. I hope y'all had fun. As for me my day didn't go as planned but i still had the best Valentine ever.

CHAPTER ONE: SEXY RED TOP
I didn't get a real sitter and the only person i relied on had to work. I was really crushed that my plans were thwarted but i just had to move on to plan B. I decided to have a romantic in-house dinner...with candles,music and all the works. My hubby and his colleagues had to travel out of town on Valentines morning for work related issues. He was scheduled to be home by 6pm. I was glad coz it gave me enough time to set up the house and cook dinner.

Amid all the chaos with the kids, i was able to pull off dinner by 4pm. I had a quick shower by 5pm and got dressed in a really sexy red top. I had been saving this top for a special day and felt good about it. Anyway by 6pm my hubby wasn't home. I called and he promised to be home in 30 minutes. Ok , that would give me some time to put the kids to bed and put some finishing touches to dinner. By the time the kids finished thier dinner and were ready to go to bed, i was enervated; needless to say my baby refused to sleep and puked all over my top. I was so exasperated by my hubby's delay and my kids' whining that i just switched to "pissed off mode".

My hubby finally got home...by then i was still very pissed. He waltzed in apologizing but i was beyond the euphoria of Valentine. I gave him monosyllablic answers and we barely talked. I camouflaged my emotions by pretending to watch and enjoy Lost(Tv show).

CHAPTER TWO: NO SEX
Thirty minutes later i switched mode. I became more relaxed. It was apparent that there would be no sex or any romantic dinner. My hubby was tired and i was still busy with the baby. He helped himself to dinner. I put the baby to bed and we just watched the Apprentice(Tv show) which by the way was so interesting last night. The show got us talking and we ended up snuggling up to eachother and taking some pictures.(at least the top wasn't wasted). My hubby acknowlegded how sexy i looked but we decided without spoken words not to get intimate coz it would just be the the same old.

CHAPTER THREE: MY BEST VALENTINE EVER
As i layed down in bed that night feeling a little disappointed, i played the day's events in my head and realised my Valentines day started out magically. When i woke up in the morning, i remember telling my son happy Valentines day and he looked at me with great love and adoration and said " i love you mummy...kiss kiss". At that point it hit me that this was my best Valentine ever. What love is greater than a child's? For the first time my own son told me he loves me on Valentines day in the purest and most truthful way. What more could i ask for? There will always be sex but some moments are priceless and rare... and this was such.

Cheers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heya how touching! glad u had a nice day afterall and glad ur top dint waste. Sometimes intimacy doesn't always mean sex. Some unspoken words say it all......

Anonymous said...

That was a nice one for you.I had a nice one too but that was later in the evening.